Search This Blog

22 June 2010

Blessing in disguise

After our departure from the Navy, my husband and I decided to make Greensboro, NC our home. Housing was affordable and they had excellent schooling for our girls. Within a few weeks, MS reared it's ugly head. I would spend my 5th wedding anniversary in the hospital because of a flair. 5 days without my husband and children... I was going insane. But all was not lost.

In the fall, we closed on our home. Brand new. We were able to be there every step of the process. What a blessing this was to our family. Time passed and we got more and more neighbors. Most of them were our peers. Who would've thought that a future home buyer would have a gift for me from God.

For the sake of privacy, we'll call her Mya. One day Myaa invited me to a health and wellness showcase at her home. I had to decline due to my daughters schedule. Again, Mya approached me. Her friend Caeri insisted that I come. Thank God for my obedience.

Blessing, blessing, blessing! Not only was this a health and wellness showcase but an opportunity for me to gain the identity that I had lost after leaving military service. On top of that, I was going to get healthier and allow others to do the same. Two weeks later, I was in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment